Tuesday 1 March 2011

The Lay The Field Strategy..

Days Horse Racing P/L = +£5.17
Current Balance = £93.60

Evening Guys,

As promised, here is more info on my favourite horse racing, and other multiple runner events, 'Lay The Field'!

It is exactly what it says! I set up a number of lays to keep in-running on Betfair, and hope that 2 or more get matched at odds on, 3 or more at 2, 4 or more at 3, etc, etc. I often set up 3 separate lays on each horse at different prices.

For example, today I set up 7 races, with 3 different laying prices per horse per race. The tracks I chose were Lingfield on the All-Weather, and jumps racing at Leicester.

After trawling the Internet, I came across some stats that pointed to Leicester being a above average track for getting horses beaten at odds on in-running, but only with 8 runners or more.
There were 3 qualifying races today;
3.00 - 2m 7f Handicap Chase - Beware Chalk Pit LOST but Matched at 1.67 AND 1.08,
3.35 - 2m 4f Handicap Chase - Red Law LOST But Matched at 1.67,
4.45 - 2m 7f Hunter Chase - Drom LOST Beaten 6 lengths, but matched at 1.67!

So it looks like these stats were good, and will be worth following. There is much research to be done on this subject, but that'll be another day. I'm just looking through the football markets now, and am picking out the games I want to trade tonight.

All The Best

No comments:

Post a Comment